Senior Machine Learning Engineer f/m/d
XUND is a leading digital health start-up that enables healthcare companies to digitize patient interactions and translate data into actionable insights.
It's our vision to improve the quality and accessibility of healthcare by bringing together medicine, technology and a human-centered mindset. But we cannot do it alone: we need leaders, doers, and innovative minds to turn our vision into reality.
That is why we are looking for an ambitious, highly committed and entrepreneurial individual who shares our values of purpose, openness, courage, collaboration and integrity and can contribute to our growth and long-term success.
- Develop, validate and deploy machine learning models to solve healthcare problems
- Build and curate medical datasets for a variety of use cases (e.g. hospital, pharma and insurance)
- Collaborate and publish with distinguished healthcare experts, top tier universities and engineers in research projects
- Provide technical guidance to product teams, sales and marketing
- PhD or equivalent industry experience data science or machine learning
- Professional experience in the application of machine learning methods to real data
- Software development experience with Python and its machine learning ecosystem (e.g. PyTorch, scikit-learn)
- Strong fundamentals in statistics and computer science
- Resident in the EU and having a work permit
Nice to have
- Publication record in the field of machine learning or healthcare
- Experience with Explainable AI (XAI), Causal ML or knowledge representation in medicine
- Proficient knowledge of German or Hungarian
- Become part of one of the fastest-growing health tech start-ups in Europe
- Challenging tasks in a highly innovative and dynamic environment
- Dedicated training budget and additional personal development time slots to help you build your skills
- A lively, open corporate culture with flat hierarchies and short communication channels
- Work wherever and whenever you want – at home, in the café around the corner, or in our offices in Vienna, Budapest, and London
- Regular team events per office, as well as a few joint events per a year
- Office dogs, which (mostly) contribute to a relaxed working atmosphere
The minimum salary for this position is according to the IT collective agreement (EUR 3.455 gross monthly salary for full-time employment). Willingness to overpay is given and depends on the respective qualification and experience. On top of that, we also let all our employees participate in our Virtual Stock Option Plans (VSOPs).
More than just a workplace.
Espresso on us
Coffee connoisseurs can look forward to A+ coffee
Because everyone has a different rhythm and peak time
Our favorite colleagues provide for a relaxed atmosphere
Short communication ways and fast decision making