Smart healthcare: The key to transforming patient journeys
Patient-centered care is the new norm and demonstrates the benefits of digital transformation in healthcare. At XUND, we believe that smart healthcare solutions can drive efficient, outcome-led healthcare processes. They enable healthcare providers to put patients at the heart of their services and care delivery.
Digitalization in healthcare impacts both patients and providers; in this insight, we explore how it contributes to more patient-centered healthcare systems and can help build transformative patient journeys.
Empowered patients, efficient systems: The impact of digitalization in healthcare
Smart healthcare can transform how healthcare providers deliver services. A 2021 Deloitte study found that health technology leaders were considering digital capabilities a way to fundamentally change their relationship with customers, improving the patient experience and building their trust and loyalty.
Here are some key ways in which smart healthcare solutions benefit both patients and providers:
- Enabling personalized treatment plans through collecting, securing, and translating patient health records, or the process of “digitizing” healthcare. By transforming this data into actionable insights, digital health solutions enable healthcare providers to monitor patients’ long-term health outcomes. They can then make informed recommendations on which treatments might be most effective and personalized to the patient.
- Building more efficient clinical processes by automatically gathering and organizing real-time patient data. As a result, smart healthcare reduces the chances of human error and enables healthcare providers to prioritize care delivery instead.
- Empowering patients to take ownership of their health with medically verified information that’s presented in an accessible way. Healthcare digitization enables patients to monitor their long-term data, which helps them better understand and manage their health. Digital therapeutics can even ensure that patients stay consistent with treatment through medication reminders.
- Better connecting patients and providers and gradually mainstreaming patient-centered services. Digital health solutions (like telemedicine) can reduce unnecessary visits to the doctor’s office. They’re also an accessible option for patients who are unable to pay a visit. By securely storing and sharing patient data, smart healthcare keeps medical professionals informed regarding patients’ conditions and enables them to take action when necessary.
The benefits of digital transformation in healthcare are evident — but are health technology leaders leveraging them? From the same Deloitte study, around 60% of respondents believe they are only midway through their digital transformation journeys. This suggests that there is a significant gap between the perceived benefits of digital transformation and the actual progress being made. To address this, healthcare organizations need to find ways to accelerate their digital transformation efforts. One potential solution is to integrate XUND’s technology into their existing healthcare systems.
XUND: Transforming patient life cycles through healthcare digitization
At XUND, our AI-powered technology digitizes patient interactions within healthcare environments — and goes beyond. We aim to cover the entire patient life cycle, which we’ve defined as including three important stages of the patient journey. These are:
- The preventive stage: Where healthcare providers can identify risks and take early action, including personalized diagnostic assessments.
- The diagnostic stage: Where healthcare providers can help patients understand their symptoms, assess the risk of a specific illness, and guide them to the right point of care.
- The monitoring stage: Where healthcare providers can monitor the health developments of treated or managed patients. Consequently, they can measure how effective treatments are over time.
Subsequently, XUND enables healthcare providers to provide personalized patient care — from prevention to diagnostics to treatment and follow-up. Integrating our technology into existing medical systems looks like the following:
- Securely stored, organized patient data: that’s translated into actionable insights using XUND’s deep learning models and natural language processing (NLP) capabilities. With this, healthcare providers can monitor patient outcomes and create personalized treatment plans. XUND’s ISO-certified technology also secures patient data to prevent loss or misuse.
- Informed, data-driven, personalized medical recommendations: using XUND’s deep neural networks (DNNs) to establish a medically verified information base. This enables healthcare providers to make more accurate recommendations to patients and support them from prevention to beyond diagnosis.
- A customizable, patient-centered interface: provides patients with insights into their health, empowers them to stay informed, and enables them to report their symptoms accurately. Our technology helps them get the proper care they need at the right time, including self-care when necessary.
As a result, we believe that smart healthcare solutions like ours can transform the future of digital healthcare. A key benefit to integrating XUND’s technology into healthcare environments is the efficiency it brings to clinical processes so that healthcare providers can better focus on putting patients at the heart of their services. Over time, this can lead to a more empowering patient journey as a whole.
Ready to explore the future of healthcare? At XUND, we’re developing AI-powered digital healthcare ecosystems centered around personalized care for patients. Read on to discover our perspective on how AI can succeed in assisting medicine.