ML Engineer f/m/d
XUND is a leading digital health start-up that enables healthcare companies to digitize patient interactions and translate unstructured data into actionable insights.
For our Vienna office we are looking for an ambitious, highly committed and entrepreneurial individual who will contribute to our growth and long-term success.
- Apply findings from the scientific literature to solve healthcare problems using machine learning algorithms
- Collect, annotate and preprocess large amounts of medical data coming from a variety of use cases (e.g. insurance, pharma and hospitals)
- Collaborate with distinguished healthcare experts, top tier universities and engineers in research projects
- Support our data and product teams to continuously improve data and code quality
- Advanced degree in a technical field (e.g. computer science, data science) or equivalent industry experience
- Industry experience in building ML systems to solve real-world problems
- Proficient knowledge about machine learning libraries (e.g. PyTorch, scikit-learn)
- In-depth knowledge in one ML domain (NLP, XAI, Causal ML, etc.)
- Strong programming skills in Python, R and/or Julia
- Resident in the EU and having a work permit
Nice to have
- Experience in healthcare, biomedical or pharmaceutical industry
- Basic proficiency in German to communicate with the Vienna HQ
- Become part of a young, ambitious and fast-growing health tech start-up
- Challenging tasks and research projects in a highly innovative and dynamic environment
- Work wherever and whenever you want – at home, in the café around the corner, or in our brand new office in the heart of Vienna
- A lively, open corporate culture with flat hierarchies and short communication channels
- Office dogs, which (mostly) contribute to a relaxed working atmosphere
The minimum salary for this position is according to the IT collective agreement (EUR 3.190 gross monthly salary for full-time employment). Willingness to overpay is given and depends on the specific qualification and experience.
More than just a workplace.
Espresso on us
Coffee connoisseurs can look forward to A+ coffee
Because everyone has a different rhythm and peak time
Our favorite colleagues provide for a relaxed atmosphere
Short communication ways and fast decision making