Machine Learning Researcher f/m/d
XUND is a leading digital health start-up that enables healthcare companies to digitize patient interactions and translate unstructured data into actionable insights.
It's our vision to improve the quality and accessibility of healthcare by bringing together medicine, technology and a human-centered mindset. But we cannot do it alone: we need leaders, doers, and innovative minds to turn our vision into reality.
That is why we are looking for an ambitious, highly committed and entrepreneurial individual who shares our values of purpose, openness, courage, collaboration and integrity and can contribute to our growth and long-term success.
- Apply findings from the scientific literature to solve healthcare problems using machine learning algorithms
- Collaborate and publish with distinguished healthcare experts, top-tier universities, and engineers in research projects
- Collect, annotate and preprocess large amounts of medical data coming from a variety of use cases (e.g., hospital, pharma, and insurance)
- Support our data science and product teams to continuously improve data and code quality
- PhD or equivalent practical experience in Computer Science or related technical field
- Industry or research experience in machine learning
- Strong mathematical skills in linear algebra and statistics
- Extensive programming experience in Python
- Proficient knowledge about common machine learning libraries (e.g., PyTorch, scikit-learn)
- Resident in the EU and having a work permit
Nice to have
- Experience with Explainable AI, Causal ML, or knowledge graphs in the medical domain
- Publication record in the field of AI and machine learning
- Become part of one of the fastest growing health tech start-ups in Europe
- Challenging tasks and research projects in a highly innovative and dynamic environment
- Work wherever and whenever you want – at home, in the café around the corner, or in our brand new office in the heart of Vienna
- A lively, open corporate culture with flat hierarchies and short communication channels
- Office dogs, which (mostly) contribute to a relaxed working atmosphere
The minimum salary for this position is according to the IT collective agreement (EUR 3.610 gross monthly salary for full-time employment). Willingness to overpay is given and depends on the specific qualification and experience.
More than just a workplace.
Espresso on us
Coffee connoisseurs can look forward to A+ coffee
Because everyone has a different rhythm and peak time
Our favorite colleagues provide for a relaxed atmosphere
Short communication ways and fast decision making